Earning Women Appointments
Since 2003 the Economic Council has recommended and referred hundreds of qualified women for positions on state boards and commissions. Working directly with the Office of the Governor, the Council has established a process whereby capable, skilled female candidates are recommended for administrative board and commission posts.
The Governor makes appointments year-round, as openings occur. If you think you may be interested and qualified to serve as a volunteer on one of Tennessee's many boards and commissions, stay tuned to this page for regular updates on openings. In addition, those interested in serving on one or more specific boards should contact the council at email@example.com to receive updates by email. Please include the phrase "Boards & Commissions Inquiry" in the subject of your email.
Announcement - April Board & Commission Openings
April 11, 2014
The Tennessee Economic Council on Women has been advised of openings on the State Boards & Commissions listed below. The application deadline for these openings is May 12, 2014.
- State Rehabilitation Council
- Commission on Aging & Disability- (Openings in Northeast, Southeast and Upper Cumberland areas).
- Private Probation Services Council
- Elevator & Amusement Device Safety Board
- Advisory Council for the Education of Students with Disabilities
- Tennessee Auctioneer Commission (licensed auctioneer from West Tennessee)
- Air Pollution Board (registered professional engineer, Industrial Management rep.)
- Tennessee Athletic Commission (experience in mixed martial arts)
- Advisory Committee on Credit Life Insurance Rates (representative of Credit Life Industry)
- Commission on Firefighting Personnel Standards & Education (volunteer firefighter, member of TN Professional Firefighters Assn., member of TN Fire Chief's Assn, the TN Fire Safety Inspectors Assn, or the TN Firemen's Assn.)
- State Board of Pharmacy (full time hospital pharmacist)
- Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners (licensed veterinarian)
- Sam Davis Memorial Assn. Board of Trustees
- Tennessee Career and Technical Education Council (represents post secondary education)
- Governor's Council for Armed Forces, Veterans, and Their Families
- Tennessee Historical Commission (rep. from West TN, rep. from Middle TN)
- Underground Storage Tanks and Solid Waste Disposal Control Board
Tennessee Second Look Commission (Law enforcement representative, Population less than 250K, Law enforcement representative, Population more than 250K)
- Tennessee Suicide Prevention Advisory Council (Northeast TN region, Southeast TN region)
- Advisory Committee for Purchase From the Blind and Other Severely Disabled
Those interested in serving on one or more boards should contact the council at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the phrase "Boards & Commissions Inquiry" in the subject of your email.
Announcement - Board & Commission Openings
March 07, 2014
The Tennessee Economic Council on Women has been advised of openings on the State Boards & Commissions listed below. The application deadline for these openings is March 30, 2014.
- Tennessee Council on Developmental Disabilities
- Board of Osteopathic Examination
- Tennessee Career and Technical Education Council
- Tennessee Real Estate Appraiser Commission (Certified Appraisers; East, Middle, and West TN openings)
- Keep Tennessee Beautiful Advisory Council
- Tennessee Arts Commission (Openings in Congressional Districts 2, 4, 6, 8, and 9)
- Emergency Communications Board
- Board of Social Worker Licensure (licence required)
- Tennessee Massage Licensure Board (licence required)
- Tennessee Human Rights Commission (represents East Tennessee)
- Tennessee Historical Commission (represents Middle Tennessee)
- Tennessee Commission on Holocaust Education
- Tennessee Water Quality Control Board (2 openings)
Board & Commission Openings - Coming Soon
February 18, 2014